Intense rivalry among Trainers has been generated by the August Fantasy Cup in Pokémon GO, one of the final leagues in the Hidden Gems update. Trainers are only allowed to use the Steel, Fairy, and Dragon types during this Cup. Which Pokémon are the best options for the Fantasy Cup, though, is a crucial question that this restriction poses. This article includes advice on putting together the best winning team for each match as well as a list of META Pokémon GO brawlers to help with that question.
The competitive environment in Pokémon Go is incredible, and it has gained greater popularity since the 2023 Pokémon World Championships. Players are currently putting their PvP abilities to the test in the standard Go Battle League forms. However, a popular competition has returned to the Ultra League.
Due to the fact that only Steel, Fairy, and Dragon Pokémon may be used in combat, the Fantasy Cup Ultra League Edition is one of the most difficult PvP competitions. Players must have the best species ready in order to succeed in this format because these three Pokémon types are among the most potent.
Date and timing of Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup
From August 17, 2023, at 1 PM PT, 4 PM ET, and 9 PM BST, through August 24, 2023, at 1 PM PT, 4 PM ET, and 9 PM BST, the Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup will take place.
You should be aware that the Go Battle League will also include the unique Ultra League format alongside the Master League.
Best Pokémon in the Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup
The top Pokémon for PvP in the Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup are listed below:
One of the best Legendary Pokémon to utilize in PvP is Registeel. It is especially remarkable in the Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup format because it can withstand strikes from both Fairy and Dragon types. This enables Registeel to examine some of the strongest species in this competition.
- Weaknesses: Fire, Ground, and Fighting
- Resistances: Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Steel, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Fairy, Poison
- Best Move: Focus Blast/Zap Cannon are the best moves.
Registeel may quickly collect energy and reach its potent Charged Moves, such as Focus Blast and/or Zap Cannon, with the aid of Lock-On. Registeel is able to completely annihilate other Steel-types with the deadly Focus Blast because of Lock-On’s strong energy increases.
For the Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup, Tapu Fini is a very powerful species because it excels on both offense and defense. With Moonblast, it can severely repel the assaults of Dragon-type enemies while dealing them extremely efficient damage. Additionally, using Water Gun and Surf, it can provide strong STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) neutral damage to Steel types.
- Weaknesses: Electric, Grass, Poison
- Resistances: Dragon, Bug, Dark, Fighting, Fire, Ice, Water
- Best moveset: Water Gun and Surf / Moonblast
The ability of Tapu Fini to not be severely damaged by Steel-types is what distinguishes it from other Fairy-types. In any Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup team, Tapu Fini will easily fit in because of this.
In spite of the fact that the nerf to Ancient Power makes it harder for Giratina (Altered) to defeat Togekiss and other Flying-type Pokémon, it is still a top species in the Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup. Despite this, this Legendary Pokémon’s offensive coverage and enormous weight make it a lethal threat in PvP.
- Weaknesses: Dark, Dragon, Fairy, Ghost, Ice
- Resistances: Fighting, Normal, Bug, Electric, Fire, Grass, Poison, Water
- Best moveset: Shadow Claw and Dragon Claw / Ancient Power
Additionally, Giratina (Altered) provides almost flawless neutral coverage against all species in the Fantasy Cup. This Pokémon can be employed at any point during the battle and is highly advised for any Ultra League squad.
In Pokémon Go PvP, the Pseudo Legendary from Gen 1 is still a strong species. It is the only Dragon-type in the Fantasy Cup that can use Superpower to do Steel-types extremely effective damage. With Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw, which are regularly utilized in battles, it can also defeat other dragons.
- Weaknesses: Fairy, Dragon, Ice, Rock
- Resistances: Bug, Fighting, Fire, Ground, Grass, Water
- Best moveset: Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw / Superpower
However, players should be aware that in the Fantasy Cup, Dragonite virtually ever deals any damage to Fairy-type Pokémon, so we advise switching it out if you are up against one.
One of the most often utilized Pokémon in PvP is Melmetal, which performs especially well in the Fantasy Cup. Thunder Shock allows it to quickly replenish its energy and spam Double Iron Bash and Superpower against Fairy and Dragon sorts of opponents.
- Weaknesses: Fire, Ground, Fighting
- Resistances: Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel
- Best moveset: Thunder Shock and Double Iron Bash / Superpower
Melmetal can withstand practically all hits thanks to its 11 resistances and high 264 HP stat. It can be used at any time during a combat and is compatible with all teams. As a result, Melmetal is among the Pokémon Go Fantasy Cup’s most adaptable species. It should be noted by players that Melmetal can only learn Double Iron Bash with an Elite Charged TM.
The Top Teams for Fantasy Cup
Registeel, Tapu Fini, and Giratina (Altered) have the greatest overall Fantasy Cup squad in Pokémon Go. In PvP engagements, this trio is effective in attacking powerful opponents in addition to having a lot of resistances. Additionally, it is challenging to sweep this team.
However, we advise mixing one species each from the Steel, Fairy, and Dragon kinds in the squad. Players should be aware that they can also utilize additional Pokémon from the list.
To win the Fantasy Cup competition, abide by the following rules:
- Initially, use a tank lead. Since the majority of Fantasy Cup teams prioritize damage, it is best to counter an opponent’s most lethal techniques with a powerful Pokémon.
- Don’t let go of the shields. To win the match, you must successfully defend against the last round of special attacks.
- Be willing to switch. The best switch to use against sudden opponent swaps is a Steel-Type switch. This is due to Steels’ dependably strong resistance to both Fairy and Dragon.
Pokémon GO is available now for both Android and iOS devices.