The final boss of Destiny 2’s Lightfall is certainly not an easy task to complete. Calus has been testing the guardians till this very moment, when he is influenced by the Witness’ Darkness. Calus, the Disciple is the final boss of the Destiny 2 Lightfall legendary campaign, he can be quite hard to battle for the guardians or for the veterans whether he is on normal mode or on Legendary mode.
Players are lucky as there is a way to cheese Calus, and to ensure that the darkness does not surround the player. While the question is what is the veil remain difficult, the easiness that they will be able to defeat Calus and to cheese Calus in an easy way, the Disciple who has never been clearer.
The final boss fight of Destiny 2’s Lightfall campaign will begin when Calus will be found staring up at the veil. Although putting Calus to the face of defeat with the cheese method is pretty easy, the same thing cannot be said for answering what exactly the veil is in Destiny 2: Lightfall.
You can defeat Emperor Calus with a cheesy method just by following some simple steps. Here are some guides on how to cheese Calus, the disciple.
Recommended Weapons To Use
Since players have to face the mighty emperor Calus, they will need to ensure that they have the best weapons equipped to make the mission short and easy to complete.
Here are some recommended weapons you can use to carry out the final boss fight of Destiny 2: Lightfall in a cheesy way:
- Osteo Striga: The Osteo Striga is a fantastic weapon for this situation, it is an exotic primary weapon which is unaffected by difficulty changes, this kinetic SMG has not only tracking capabilities with the fired rounds but can also take a severe damage to the nearby targets with consistent firing. It is one of the best exotic weapons in Destiny 2 and almost a not to miss weapon for this cheese due to it’s damage over time effect.
- Thron: If players do not have the above-mentioned weapon which is Osteo Striga, then players can proceed with Thron, as Thron is another great weapon which can handle this situation. This exotic handcannon possess similar abilities and deals damage over time, but the damage over time rate is smaller and slower than the previous one.
- A Linear Fusion Rifle or a Heavy Machine Gun is an ideal weapon for Calu’s second phase, so try to keep the ammo reserved for the second part of the Calus chees boss fight, these weapons will be best used for the second phase and you can carry out the boss fight in an easy way.
- Kinetic Weapons are the key ingredients for the Calus Cheese fight so that players have infinite ammo. As the player will be effectively stuck in a position, so it may take a while without damage over time effects so this Kinetic Weapons are ideal for this condition.
What Not To Do Against Calus
Calus is a dangerous rival to fight with, as you are committed to defeat Calus in a cheese method try to avoid this not to do things in front of him. The foolish steps will make their way to get them killed, so try not to waste time on these foolish attacks.
- Explosive weapons are good, but players should keep Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers away, as they cannot hit Calus through the gaps of the stairs for the cheese will which end upon blowing themselves up. So do not fire any Rocket or Grenade Launcher from the gap. Although Players can look for the new exotics like the Deterministic Chaos.
- Try to avoid supers. Although players want to relish in the joy of their new strand super, but it’s not worth using at this time for the cheese, as it could unbalance their position on the cheese, and it won’t even reach to Calus. The best is to use a gun for this fight on Neomuna.
- Ignore the Tormentors, as these Tormentors enemies in Destiny 2 might be hard work and intimidating but damaging them will only be a time waste, as the cheese is safe from the Tormentors for both phase 1 and especially for phase 2 of the boss fight of Destiny 2: Lightfall.
How To Beat Calus, Easily
This is the most popular cheese method for Calus, this method begins in the Veil Containment. As players will look within to retrive strand and place their Rally Banner, they will want to go under the stairs where they spawn. After then the players will start crouching forward and they will be walking along a narrow pipe which is just underneath the stairs. To proceed for the final boss fight with Calus, players will have to crouch walk further on the pipe and to shoot with their weapon in order to get Calus’ attention.
This place is almost safe for most of the damages, but be careful when it comes to splash damage from Tormentors and Psions. To counter their damage players can crouch and can move forward, further underneath the stairs to ignore the damage and to wait there until their health is recovered.
The best place to damage Calus in phase 1 without getting any major damage is to head upon towards the red triangle pillar and shoot Calus through the gaps in the stairs. It will take some time, but it’s almost impossible to die if a player is commited tot this cheese method.
How To Cheese Calus Phase 2
Once Calus’ health bar comes to an end, he will get more aggressive and he will start an animation to buff himself up for the second phase of the boss fight.
Calus will sprint around with two battle axes, along with the two Tormentors and Psions in the battlefield making the boss fight more challenging especially in such a small arena with no high ground.
Players will want to immediately run to the left to the outer platform once Calus’ phase 1 health is gone. To get here easier, players can use grapple with their new strand ability. But keep in mind that players will need their Strand Grapple for the next cheese.
As soon as Calus gains his second-phase health, a purple bubble will soon cover the battlefield. Players will ensure that they are hugging the railing so that the game will say “Joining Allies.” Players will try to look up and grapple onto the bubble from the outside. If the player carry out this properly, then he/she will be on the top of the bubble and can take damage to Calus from above.
It’s worth saying that Tormentors and Calus cannot cannot damage the player a that spot, but Psions can damage you. So players should look for Psions and take care of Psions cause they will damage you as soon as they spawn to be extra safe, as they are in the open in Calus Phase 2.
The second phase fight of the boss fight is more or less the same as that of phase 1, as you just have to shoot calus continuously until he dies. The lack of health of Calus in phase 2 means that the player can kill him more easily.
This is how you can finally defeat the Emperor Calus and reach the Destiny 2 Lightfall ending.
Destiny 2 is a free to play online multiplayer game, which is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.