The new Japanese space fantasy role-playing video game Honkai: Star Rail was created by miHoyo. Genshin Impact served as inspiration for this fourth instalment of the Honkai series in the HoYoverse. The newest game has gained popularity among players ever since it was released on PC, iOS, and Android platforms. There are already rumours of a PlayStation version of the game.
According to the precise type of device being used to play Honkai: Star Rail, the controls change. There is an option to attach a controller on both mobile and PC, if players would rather utilize a gamepad. Mobile devices (iOS and Android) use controls that are mostly touch-based, while PC controls use a keyboard and mouse.
HoYoverse’s turn-based game of the week is Honkai: Star Rail. For players to enjoy, the game features unique gameplay and a wide range of content. Mobile and PC versions of the game are both supported. Additionally, it offers a fantastic and practical Controller Support function for gamers that wish to play the game in a different method. On the PC, Honkai: Star Rail is playable with Xbox, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 controllers. Players can learn how to set up and utilize their game controllers by reading this Honkai: Star Rail Controller Support Guide.
Support for Controller Honkai: Star Rail
Use an Xbox, PlayStation 4, or PlayStation 5 controller to play Honkai: Star Rail on the PC. It’s crucial to keep in mind, too, that whereas keyboard users can adjust their key binds, gamepad users have fewer options for customizing their control layout.
Only specific activities can be performed using different buttons. It’s a good Quality of Life element of the game that some players are accustomed to using the controller. Since the debut of version 1.0, the Controller Support for PC has been accessible.
Compatibility Chart for Controllers in Honkai: Star Rail
The compact configuration of the buttons on a controller, as opposed to the keyboard’s more dispersed placement of keypads, makes using one to play Honkai: Star Rail more convenient. Additionally, for player movement and camera changes, the analog sticks on the controller offer smoother and more precise control. The following controllers can be used to play Honkai: Star Rail:
- DualShock 4
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X|S controller
How to Connect a Controller to a Honkai: Star Rail
There are no external apps necessary for the Controller to work in Honkai: Star Rail because it is directly supported by the game. Honkai: Star Rail will instantly recognize your controller if you simply attach it to your PC using USB or Bluetooth. The controller doesn’t require any more setup before you can use it.
Playing Honkai: Star Rail doesn’t require you to unplug the controller in order to switch between your keyboard and controller. You could even use both at once if you wanted to. Closing controller configurator programs such as Steam before relaunching the game may be helpful if your controller still isn’t working properly after reconnecting. Use of a wired controller is advised for a better experience with few detection problems.
Basic Controller Settings for Honkai: Star Rail
Honkai: Star Rail’s camera movement and character movement are crucial controls that are necessary to master. Along with this, Basic ATK, Technique, and Ultimate Ability are also included.
- Movement: Character movement is managed by the left joystick. Your character can advance by pushing it ahead, retreat by pulling it back, and strafe by tilting it to the left or right.
- Camera Control: The camera movement is managed by the right joystick. By pushing it forward or backward or sliding it left or right, you may change the camera angle up or down and revolve it around your character.
- Attacks and Skills: For various attack and skill actions, the face buttons (A, B, X, and Y on an Xbox controller, or Circle, Cross, Square, and Triangle on a PlayStation controller) are used.
- Character Switch: Switching between characters is often done by pressing the left and right bumpers (LB and RB on an Xbox, L1 and R1 on a PlayStation). This enables you to change your combat stance in response to the circumstances.
- Ultimate: The character’s Ultimate abilities are frequently controlled by the left and right triggers, which are LT and RT on Xbox and L2 and R2 on PlayStation. For games and battle, certain skills may be essential.
- Menu Navigation: Menus can be accessed by either the left joystick or the directional pad (D-pad). Normally, you can scroll between options using the D-pad, and you can move the pointer with the left joystick.
How to Play on a Mobile Device with a Controller
The tactile feedback of a controller provides a more intuitive and immersive gaming experience for many players. The majority of gamers are accustomed to navigating through games and controlling the camera via analog sticks. On the Honkai: Star Rail mobile app, follow these instructions to connect a controller.
- Launch Settings
- Select “Other Settings”
- Choose “Controller Mode” from the “Switch Control Mode” menu.
- Players should connect their controllers before starting the game since once this feature is activated, the game will restart.
Android devices only allow compatibility with Xbox and 8bitdo controllers when it comes to Honkai: Star Rail, however iOS users can use PS4 and PS5 controllers.
However, several elements of the game, such as the escape button, are not yet fully compatible. In such cases, it may be necessary for players to tap their screens or use a mouse to interact with the screen.
For Honkai: Star Rail, using a controller improves the overall play experience. Although the standard key mapping for the mouse and keyboard is fantastic and clear, using a controller is more enjoyable. It’s crucial to note that the game may not fully support controllers in some areas, including the exit screen and windows linked to online events.
In such circumstances, you might occasionally need to touch on the screen of your smartphone or click buttons with your mouse. This is a little annoyance to be aware of, especially if you want to use a wireless controller and sit or lay down far from your keyboard and monitor.