The developers are preparing to release Tekken 8, one of the most highly anticipated 3D fighting games of the year, and they regularly showcase additional content. We expect that an impressive cast of characters will accompany the release of Tekken 8, given the intense competition it faces from games such as Street Fighter 6.
Every character reveal has been accompanied by a unique gameplay clip, which allows fans to get a close-up look at each fighter’s new appearance, recovery gauge, and gameplay elements. Even though Bandai Namco has done an excellent job of remaining mum on the character roster for Tekken 8, a couple manage to sneak onto our radar for their potential appearance. Learn the breakdown of all the characters, including any that have been possibly released.
TEKKEN 8 Character Roster
- Jin Kazama
- Kazuya Mishima
- Jun Kazama
- Paul Phoenix
- Marshall Law
- Nina Williams
- Lars Alexandersson
- Kazuya Mishima
- Ling Xiaoyu
- Leroy Smith
- Asuka Kazama
- Emilie De Rochefort/Lili
TEKKEN 8 All Character Details
- JIN KAZAMA: During the PlayStation State of Play 2022, Jin made his debut and had a memorable final match against Kazuya Mishima. According to the previously published gameplay clip, Jin’s fighting style resembles a fusion of martial arts and karate, with each move having an explosive effect on the adversary. Additionally, Jin Kazama’s darker personality, Devil Jin, has fused with him and is now able to control his demonic nature.
- KAZUYA MISHIMA: Mishima, often known as “Cold-Blooded Oppressor,” is a ruthless adversary who will not spare his enemies. He has developed his fighting style over the years and has now trademarked it as “Mishima-Style Fighting Karate.” Despite being Jin’s father, Mishima is the antithesis of Jin who used his demonic power to improve the world. His thinking is the same when it comes to winning the stage in Tekken 8 because he wants to rule the globe.
- JUN KAZAMA: Jun Kazama practices the Kazama-Style Traditional Martial Arts, and as expected from their last name, she is also Jin Kazama’s mother. She afterwards chose to work for a conservation organisation as a wildlife surveillance officer. Meeting Kazuya Mishima, who was suspected of smuggling protected animals, changed her fate, leading her to pursue a new career. At Tekken 2, they connected and grew close enough to become life partners.
- PAUL PHOENIX: Paul is ambitious and simply wants to be the best warrior in the universe when it comes to combat. He first appeared in the original Tekken game and has subsequently made numerous appearances. Paul has always been brash, aggressive, and adamant about using his fighting style of “Integrated Martial Arts based on Judo” to win the title of The King of Iron Fist Tournament. Paul Phoenix has always been a close buddy of the Law Family despite having a temper. Will Paul win the following King of the Iron Fist competition? Finding out will require waiting for the game to be released.
- JACK-8: Jack-8 would make a perfect model in the scenario where the Hulk and a deadly war machine had a child (hehe). The bulky robot will make a comeback in the game as Jack’s most recent incarnation, Jack-8. Every Tekken series has featured a Jack, as well as variants like Prototype Jack. According to Jack’s Tekken 8 gameplay trailer, the High Tech Annihilator will give his all and knock his opponent with a new enormous tech pistol. Jack’s Sheer Force fighting style will scare any opponents. Despite being a battle machine, Jack’s eyes reveal a true warrior’s spirit.
- MARSHALL LAW: Marshall Law, one of the original characters in the Tekken series, comes back with his distinctive martial arts combat style. Marshall Law’s “The Legendary Dragons” gives the ideal homage to the famous Bruce Lee. He now ruthlessly dispatches adversaries with dual-weapon nunchucks, as seen in the gameplay trailer. The trailer also features Law showcasing the forthcoming game’s Rage Arts super.
- KING: King, the professional wrestler with a jaguar head, will appear in Tekken 8. King oversees an orphanage in addition to competing in professional wrestling. King’s gameplay trailer shows off his improved grappling and showmanship performance, which is in line with his fighting style, which is professional wrestling. King, who is originally from Mexico, is more determined than ever to win the next Iron Fist Tournament so that he can support the orphanage. Will King be successful in his mission to help underprivileged children?
- NINA WILLIAMS: Nina Williams, a master of deadly arts and a hired killer, uses the surname “Silent Assassin.” Her fighting technique with a gun seems to portend a more weapon-focused approach for Tekken 8. Nina certainly has the skills necessary to kill opponents precisely and elegantly. Did you know she had her own video game, Death by Degrees, at one point? They released an action-adventure game in 2005 for the PlayStation 2.
- LARS ALEXANDERSSON: In Tekken 6, Lars made his red-caped debut and has since remained a fixture. In addition to having a cool haircut, his Tekken Forces Martial Arts combat style appears to be ideally suited for new players, with its dash instructions and wild follow-up moves that leave adversaries with nowhere to hide. His gaming video displays a variety of well-known attacks, some of which are enhanced by lightning due to his Mishima ancestry. The new Heat system is used in a number of additional moves, providing players with extra fighting options.
- LING XIAOYU: Don’t be fooled by Ling’s lovely appearance; she is a master of Chinese martial arts who specialises in Baguazhang and Piguazhang. Despite the fact that her fighting style resembles dancing, whatever she touches will be knocked or flung into the air, leaving her opponents hardly any time to respond. Her narrative centres on Jin Kazama, the subject of her feelings. She wants to track down Jin and ask her a question that might alter the course of her life.
TEKKEN 8 RUMOURED CHARACTERS
Even without announcing the release date for Tekken 8, Bandai Namco has begun revealing fourteen characters. We correctly predicted that Lili would show up after Asuka, and this happened. Lucky Chloe might be the next female warrior, though. We’ve been hearing rumours about her potential debut on social media, and we can’t wait to see if the pop star makes an appearance in the upcoming Tekken 8 gameplay clip.
For the PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC through Steam, Tekken 8 will debut. The developers have not yet set a release date or timetable for the game. So cross your fingers and check back for more Tekken 8 news!